In 2002 Cathy Holgate first opened the clinic and was joined in 2007 by Matthew Gumbrell. Although we have grown steadily in number of patients and staff and in the level of technology we offer your pets, we still have the same principles undergirding everything we do – that patient care comes first – we will treat each one as if they were ours.
We firmly believe that an animal that is comfortable and unstressed is not only easier to handle and treat, but is also in a better physiological state for healing and recovery. This is reflected in everything from our clinic design, to all the little things we do to make each visit of your pet as relaxed as it can be.
Among some of the things that our clinic boasts are
- surgery suite for soft-tissue and orthopaedic surgeries
- rapid in-house blood and urine tests
- diagnostic digital xray and ultrasound facilities
- advanced orthopaedic surgeries offered including TPLO and TTA for cruciate ligament injuries and patellar luxation corrections. Physiotherapy for the first four weeks is included in the cost.
- air conditioning
- separate hospital rooms for dogs and cats
- partitioned waiting areas so nervous pets don’t have to sit beside other pets
- active air extraction for areas that may have bad smells
- separate isolation ward for patients with infectious diseases
- blood pressure testing using doppler flow detector
- dentistry equipment including ultrasonic descaling and polishing
- wide range of high quality foods, including many therapeutic diets
- wide range of pet care products and flea control products with sound advice given
- cat boarding in individual “apartments”. All care is undertaken by our nurses and vets.
We are proud to service our local community – caring for pets in the Orewa, Silverdale, Stillwater, Millwater, Red Beach, Whangaparaoa, & adjoining rural areas.